For technical support related to our Mobile Beta, visit our Mobile FAQs
What is I AM FILM?
I AM FILM is the premier professional Global Film & Television Industry Network on Mobile connecting verified and curated Film & Television Industry professionals, artists, financiers and executives on a Network exclusive to the industry.
The I AM FILM professional Network is now open for Accreditation and will be available to invited and accepted guests during the Cannes Film Festival 2017 for pre-registration.
Approved members who apply before May 30, 2017, will receive complimentary access after the Cannes Film Festival 2017.
I am interested in joining I AM FILM, how do I register?
Apply for a membership to I AM FILM by visiting our Join page.
I AM FILM is committed to maintaining a highly qualified professional Network. Therefore, we carefully moderate and limit members to verified Industry professionals and exceptional independent talent who are accepted on a first-come-first-served basis.
Industry and Executive reservations for Cannes 2017 are open until June 30, 2017. Apply here.
I AM FILM Membership benefits
Verified and curated talent and professionals will receive access to Network and stay in touch with Industry professionals attending major Film markets who are I AM FILM members.
Access to the I AM FILM Mobile app provides Film & Television Industry members a private professional Network where they can view the latest video trailers and broadcasts by their connections, and peers, and discover new potential collaborators, talent or investors for their next Masterpiece.
The Network is complimentary to Join for qualified members. Premium paid features will be available in 2018 to select executives and artists seeking to package projects.
When will the I AM FILM platform become available and in what formats?
I AM FILM’s Mobile beta is currently being released to select creatives and Industry professionals.
We recommend that applicants prepare 1-minute showreels representing their best work in Film & Television.
Our desktop platform will launch in late 2017, offering sophisticated functionality to support collaborative partnerships between screen artists, Industry decision-makers, and investors who are seeking high-quality projects to sell, fund and distribute.
Qualified Industry executives who have been accredited to the Cannes Film Market in the last 3 years may Register as I AM FILM Executives to receive access to the Mobile Network and future desktop platform launch.
Eligibility for membership and codes of conduct
Please visit our Eligibility Requirements section.
I am a film student or artist without screen credits. Can I join?
We welcome independent artists and students to submit to the IAF100, a dedicated Global Talent List highlighting the best new Screen talent from around the world to Industry decision-makers.
If your submission proceeds past the 1st round, we will email you a unique Invite code to join I AM FILM as an Independent member. For more information, please visit the IAF100 page.
We recommend that Independent talents prepare 1-minute films or reels of their best work and apply here.
All IAF100 applicants and approved members who submit before 30 June 17, will receive an Invite code to join the app after Cannes.
When will I receive my Invite code?
Invite codes are being released to eligible applicants on a first-come-first-served basis.
Interest and demand in joining I AM FILM grows daily; therefore, we encourage you to Request your Invite as early as possible to secure your preferred professional username.
What is the pricing structure?
Paid Premium membership tiers and services will be listed later this year.
IAF100 Nominee video instructions and suggestions
The IAF100 is a Global Talent List highlighting 100 undiscovered creatives for their artistic achievements in the categories of Directing, Acting, and Writing.
Together with our Industry Partners and Sponsors, I AM FILM is delighted to offer a groundbreaking opportunity for exceptional artists to be hired, mentored, and/or funded by recognized Industry professionals and brands.
First and foremost, select the best representation of your work. If selected, your IAF100 entry will be displayed on the IAF100 newsfeed and seen by prominent Industry decision-makers and artists.
- Videos on the app are limited to 1-minute. If you display a video that exceeds the maximum length, the app will automatically cut it to 1-minute. It is in your best interest to edit your videos with this time limit in mind. This length is designed to give you a first impression advantage. Our research shows viewers lose interest in 10-30 seconds or less on Mobile.
- Remove all title and credit frames that are not “cinema quality”. Use the full time to showcase and present your best work. The Mobile app will provide you with the opportunity to enter film/video titles as well as your designated credit on the project. This information will display with your video on I AM FILM’s newsfeed; therefore, we ask that you remove credits, titles, etc. If sharing a link, please remove all privacy settings and activate permission to embed your video, or it will not play within the app. We recommend that you upload content instead of use links.
- Create a beautiful high-quality cover photo for each project. This will be the first impression people will have of your video, not just on your profile but also on the app’s newsfeed. Select a high-quality production image to represent your work. Make sure your cover photo has no text along the top and bottom third of the image as it will be covered by your IAF project title, credit, and metrics.
- Secure full copyright permission from all creatives involved in your project before submitting it. Ensure you have the legal right to showcase every video you broadcast or submit to the IAF100. You will be responsible for any legal action that may arise from copyright infringements related to your profile content or IAF100 submission. Copyright infringement will prompt profile removal and membership disqualification.
- Advertisements presented as projects are not permitted. However, work related to advertising and commercials can be considered as clips within your reel.
- Please ensure your video portrays a cohesive story. A random compilation of video clips is not recommended as an entry to the IAF100 unless it tells a distinct and engaging story. Consider our entry as a piece of art by itself.
Why was my IAF100 submission rejected?
Given the many requests that we receive, our selection process is highly competitive.
We do not claim to always get it right and believe anyone can succeed with or without us. We simply do our best to celebrate and support artistic innovation when we see it.
If your submission was not approved, we encourage you to continue honing your skills and apply again. There is no limitation on the number of entries you can submit, although each entry will require a separate entry fee.
Who are the artists you are featuring on the website and app?
I AM FILM is honored to highlight IAF100 entrant, New Director, Jamal Hodge and his film ‘The Jump‘ on our website. We are also pleased to showcase our New Talent Acting Ambassador, Sinead Curry, photographed by Kurt Sneddon, within the walk-through screens of the I AM FILM app and on our website.
We continue to introduce and celebrate independent artists who comprise of I AM FILM’s growing community, by highlighting new works on our website and app.
You can follow, connect, and view the work of Jamal (@DirectorHodge ) and Sinead (@Sineadcurry) on I AM FILM.
Copyright and Intellectual Property
I AM FILM takes copyright and intellectual property seriously. If you discover any content featured on I AM FILM that infringes upon your rights, please contact us with the member’s username and title of the infringing content. We will review the issue as soon as possible. Any member who infringes on the intellectual property rights of any content creator without responding to a take-down notice will be banned from the Network. It is imperative that every member is responsible for securing written permission from all copyright owners featured within their content on I AM FILM. All reported content in violation of copyright laws will be removed immediately.
If you are unsure about your rights regarding a specific video or collaboration, we encourage you to contact the owner/s to receive further clarification or ask for written permission prior to posting the content in question.
I AM FILM is unable to mediate any member disputes or make any legal assessments regarding your content rights. All members must take full responsibility for their behavior on the Network. Any and all illegal behavior or action/s will not be tolerated.
I am interested in Advertising and Sponsorship opportunities, who do I contact?
Our FAQs will continue to evolve based on questions received and member feedback. If you do not see your question answered here, please complete our Contact form.
Please note, we are only able to answer questions from I AM FILM Members, select members of the press or prospective business Partners and Sponsors.
Subscribe to our list to receive updates on the Best in Film.